Ash Vs Evil Dead Season Three is Almost Here!
So, after it was reported that Season Three of the Starz series Ash vs Evil Dead would premiere in February 2018, rather than the assumed date of October 2017, fans have been eagerly awaiting any news and info about the upcoming season.
Now that the show is a little less than a month away from premiering - Sunday Feb 25th mark your calendars!! - we here at The After Movie Diner are revving up our chainsaws, polishing our boomsticks, jumping into our 1973 Delta 88 Oldsmobile and head on back to Elk Grove, Michigan.
Unlike other websites I could mention (COUGH Bloody Disgusting - I mean, what the?!) we here at The After Movie Diner don't believe in spoiling the whole damn series for you fans but giving you the info we have right now, that we think you want and then week in week out giving you spoiler free reviews that will keep you excited, keep you watching and spur on discussion.
To that end - here is the, relatively spoiler free, official synopsis for Season three:
The third season finds Ash, having gone from murderous urban legend to humanity-saving hometown hero, discovering that he has a long lost daughter who’s been entrusted in his care. When Kelly witnesses a televised massacre with Ruby’s fingerprints all over it, she returns with a new friend to warn Ash and Pablo that evil isn’t done with them yet. Blood is thicker than water in the battle of good vs Evil Dead.
Cast of Characters
- Bruce Campbell (The Evil Dead, “Burn Notice”) leads the cast, reprising the role of Ash Williams - After saving humanity from evil, we find Ash settled into his new roles as hometown hero and respectable business owner. His peaceful lifestyle is short-lived when evil returns to Elk Grove and is after anyone close to him. Ruby is determined to destroy The Prophesized One, but Ash and the Ghostbeaters aren't backing down from a fight.
- Lucy Lawless (“Salem,” “Spartacus”) as Ruby - Ruby is on the side of evil and on a quest to unleash hell on earth with the ultimate goal of ruling the realm of The Dark Ones. To do this, she devises her most diabolical plan for Ash to meet his maker, and summons an ally from centuries ago.
- Ray Santiago (“Touch,” Meet the Fockers) as Pablo Simon Bolivar, forever loyal to Jefe (Ash), he has found an inner peace in Elk Grove, achieving his ultimate goal of opening a Fish & Chips
Computer Repair taco truck and being an ever-faithful friend to Ash. His bliss is brief when he starts to have mysterious visions, warning that evil is coming and pleading with him to fulfill his destiny! Pablo’s journey takes him to a world that unleashes his true purpose in the battle against the Evil Dead!
- Dana DeLorenzo (A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas) as Kelly Maxwell, whose single goal is to kill Ruby and end the Evil Dead torment once and for all - Kelly returns to Elk Grove with a new friend Dalton, Knight of Sumeria, and a message: evil isn’t done with the Ghostbeaters yet! Her loyalties are tested when new and old friends clash, but her hatred of evil continues to go nuclear. Kelly sets out to end the terror that seems to follow her new family around like a
plague, only to be sidelined by forces out of her control.
- Lee Majors (“The Six Million Dollar Man”) returns as Brock Williams to warn Ash from beyond the grave.
- New to the cast for season three are Arielle Carver-O’Neill (“House Husbands”) as Brandy Barr, Ash’s long lost daughter left in his care when her mother meets an untimely demise - Like father, like daughter. Sort of. Brandy and Ash learn they are related just in time for her to experience the Evil that has rolled into town. Ash isn't winning father of the year any time soon, so she relies more on a sympathetic guidance counsellor who is hiding a diabolical secret. However, Brandy soon proves she's no pushover when it comes to battling the Evil Dead.
- Lindsay Farris (“Home and Away,” Primal) as Dalton - Dalton is the leader of the Knights of Sumeria, an ancient order of warriors who have fought evil through the centuries. He arrives in Elk Grove with Kelly in search of The Prophesized One/Savior of Humanity to join
forces in the ongoing battle against The Dark Ones.
- Katrina Hobbs as Candace "Candy" Barr - Candace has a history with Ash that resulted in a teenaged bundle of angst: their daughter Brandy. When Ash’s new status in town proves he’s somewhat worthy to be a part of Brandy’s life, Candace confronts him with the news.
- Chelsie Preston-Crayford as Kaya - Centuries ago, Kaya betrayed her Knights of Sumeria brethren for the promise of immortality from Ruby. When The Dark Ones learned of their plan to take over the evil realm together, they banished Kaya from earth. Ruby, however, has plans to be reunited with Kaya once again.
- Sam Raimi serves as Executive Producer with Rob Tapert (Evil Dead, “Spartacus,” “Xena: Warrior Princess”) Bruce Campbell (Evil Dead, “Burn Notice”), Ivan Raimi (Drag Me To Hell, Spider-Man 3) and Rick Jacobson (“Spartacus”).
- Mark Verheiden (“Battlestar Galactica,” “Daredevil”) serves as Executive Producer/Showrunner.
- Ian Williams (“Power”) serves as Co-Producer.
- Moira Grant (“Spartacus”) serves as Producer.
Trailers & Teasers
From everything we've read, seen and heard so far it looks like Ash vs Evil Dead Season Three is going to be bigger and badder than ever before. We here really, really hope it's not the last we see of the ghostbeaters - don't forget to #BringBackBoomstick - but if it is, you can be sure that we here at The After Movie Diner will cover every last drop of Evil Dead goodness from the series, including interviews, articles, reviews and more!
Stay tuned and hail to the king, baby!
New and long-time Evil Dead fans can catch up on Seasons One and Two of the STARZ Original series “Ash vs Evil Dead” on the STARZ app, visit the official Ash Facebook Page and follow @AshvsEvilDead on Twitter and Instagram. Join the conversation with #AshvsEvilDead and #STARZ.